You probably have already seen those colouring books for grown-ups in stores near you. They seem to be everywhere lately. I am always extra sceptical when it comes to hypes and this one was no different. But eventually I bought myself a colouring book and I have got to say that I love it!
The concept: These are basically just colouring books for grown-ups. The drawings you need to colour in are a bit more complicated than the ones in colouring books for children. Other than that I don’t see much of a difference between the two concepts.
I use crayons when colouring but there are plenty of other people who like to use felt-tip pens. You can choose whatever you prefer. There are a lot of different books out there so I am convinced you will find one you like. There even are pocket-sized travel versions which are perfect for long train rides.
If you are looking for a different way to relax than this is something for you. I like to shut all electronics off (no social media, no blogging and no internet), put on a cd and colour. Relaxing is hard for me. I always feel like I need to move on to the next task when I have just completed one. Colouring really helps with that!
5 reasons why you need your own colouring book:
1. It is surprisingly relaxing.
2. You don’t need to have one artistic bone in your body to be able to colour in your own colouring book.
3. It has the word grown-up (mine’s in Dutch so it says ‘volwassenen’) on the cover so you don’t need to worry about looking childish. It says grown-up right there in the title.
4. You can let yourself go for a change and don’t stay within the lines. Nobody will blame you if your drawing isn’t perfect. This is not work. Go ahead and let your wild side out!
5. A colouring book is affordable (Mine was €10) and it takes ages to colour every single page in. It is a great little inexpensive pastime.
Do you have your own colouring book? Or are you planning on getting one?
Don’t forget to follow via one of my social media here.
DISCLAIMER: I was not sponsored or in any way compensated for writing this post. I purchased the colouring book with my own money. All views and opinions are my own.