I recently turned 23 (happy belated birthday to me!). And I cannot say that my life has always been easy. I will probably still face plenty of challenges. But I have learned from the hurt and loss I experienced in the past. Here’s to the 23 life lessons I learned in 23 years.
23 life lessons in 23 years . . .
1. Your weight does not define you. You are not a clothing size. And nobody should be able to convince you otherwise.
2. Life is fragile. It takes strength to get through the tough times. Never give up.
3. Loss does not get easier through time, you just learn to live with the pain.
4. Not everyone will have your best interests at heart. Those that don’t aren’t worth fighting for.
5. Growing up does not mean that you need to forget what it was like being a child. There is nothing wrong with holding on to those happy childhood memories.
6. Not everyone will care about you as much as you do about them.
7. Gone does not mean forgotten.
8. Your feelings aren’t less important than everyone else’s. Sometimes it is okay to put yourself first, although you seldomly do.
9. Trust needs to be earned. Don’t just give it away.
10. Crying does not show weakness. It only shows that you have been strong for a very long time.
11. It is okay not to be okay.
12. You are not what your bullies deem you to be. You are your own person. How they behave says way more about them than about you.
13. You can’t change the world on your own. But that does not mean you should stop trying.
14. Don’t take anything for granted. You won’t know what you miss until it’s gone.
15. You are beautiful. Everybody is beautiful in their own way. You will one day meet someone who loves you for who you are, the good and the bad included.
16. People will judge you no matter what you do. There will always be someone who doesn’t think you’re good enough. And that should not hold you back.
17. Money isn’t everything. But it can sure help a lot.
18. You can be more than one thing. You do not need to be true to the label people stick on you. It is your life.
19. It is okay to be different. Different doesn’t mean bad.
20. Don’t live your life through a screen.
Put your phone down.
Switch your laptop off &
experience the world through your own eyes.
21. It is okay to ask for help. You do not need to carry the weight of the world on your shoulders.
22. You don’t need to live your life the way society tells you to. Go your own way.
23. Never give up on your dreams. They may still come true, one day maybe.
Enjoyed this post? You can follow me on one of my social media here.